Thursday, December 11, 2014

INSPIRED

Five Books that Inspire Me

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

“It changed my life. A timely story, beautifully written. Harper Lee captured Scout, Jem, and Dill’s voices perfectly. The setting speaks to me. The depth of the characters floor me. It’s perfect in every way. I often listen to the soundtrack of the movie when I write.”
to kill a mockingbird

AWAY BY AMY BLOOM

“And everything else written by Amy Bloom. I am humbled and awed when I read her. She’s a writer’s writer.”
Away

THE LOVELY BONES BY ALICE SEBOLD

“Alice Sebold’s masterpiece.  I love her courage, her ability to reach into the depths of her soul and capture the essence of a character.”
lovely bones

THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHTTIME BY MARK HADDON

“Absolutely adored this novel of a young man with autism attempting to solve a crime. Mark Haddon is a genius.”
the curious incident

A THREE DOG LIFE BY ABIGAIL THOMAS

“Abigail Thomas’s profoundly beautiful and darkly comic memoir remains to this day, my favorite. Exquisite writing.”
a three dog life

No comments: